Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Is stored water safe for leafed crops

In article ,
says...

What I have in mind is cascading 55-60 gal (U.S.) polyethelene
barrels delivering into an inexpensive above-ground pool installed
partly below ground. Although that represents significant residual
water, I can't imagine 5-gal buckets providing enough buffering to allow
junk to settle.

It seemed to work well enough. The last step produced no gravel or
leaves and the first, lots.

Have you thought of installing drains in the barrels so you can let out
the sediment and/or the water without having to work too hard?