Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:19:49 +0100 (BST), wrote:
In article ,
Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:15:25 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

But don't ever - EVER - give me cauliflower!

Not even with 90% cheese content?

I must admit I had a girlfriend who made wonderful cauliflower cheese.
She used lots of strong cheese and also had the most beautiful eyes,
which helped me forget completely that I was eating cauliflower. She
could have fed me almost anything ... and probably did. Sigh. ;-)

My children used to say (correctly) that I was the only person they
knew who made pink cauliflower cheese - with yellow cheese. Add
enough cayenne and even that becomes interesting ....

Although I'm not a fan of cauliflower, I do make cauliflower cheese
for other people because it is such a quick, cheap and popular meal. I
have made it with Double Gloucester and also with a mixture of white
and blue Stilton. My usual recipe, which goes down well with guests,
includes mature cheddar and lots of garlic, topped with grated mature
cheddar and finished off under the grill.

If guests haven't had this dish with me before, they tend to exchange
puzzled glances when they realise I am going to eat something
completely different. ;-)