Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default My Feelings About Organic

In article
,
Frank wrote:

On Jun 4, 2:32*pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*"David E. Ross" wrote:

See my http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_organic.html

Urea isn't artificial. Most people excrete it everyday, you may be
different.

Then you blend the technical language of chemistry with the common
language that most people communicate in. Ever talk to a lawyer and
notice that common words suddenly take on a different significance?

Malathion has carbon to carbon bonds, which to a chemist means that it
is an organic molecule. Talk to an agronomist, and they'll tell you that
it isn't organic, because it doesn't occur naturally. The chemist and
the agronomist are talking in two different technical languages, most of
us don't speak technically without qualifying the framework in which we
speak first.

Organic
3. denoting a relation between elements of something such that they fit
together harmoniously as necessary parts of a whole
----
This definition in your exposition seems to have escaped you, as you
confuse the technical with the common.

Good work on confusing the neophytes.
--
- Billy
merger of state and corporate power." - Benito

Your usual nitwit response.
He's trying to be helpful.
Nobody's perfect like you

I think it is not an issue concerning perfection but and attempt to
live with a small impact on the world about. The question becomes why
bother if we can do what we please with just adding energy in its many
forms. However to a simple observer the energy cost (true cost) may not
be sustainable so lowering energy into the equation of calories on a
land commons or not matters.
If the soil / land provides does it not behove us to try to aid the
process ? Cover crops vs 5/10/10 and then there is a little matter of
the web of life. Are we a part or just lost raiders . I favor
traditional gardening practices and study that but fail often as the web
of life can't be digitized.
Still the lighting bugs are out in force and tomorrow a trip to
Longwood gardens . Going to be hot but on the way home a offer of tea
was offered.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?