Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

In uk.rec.gardening Bruce wrote:
What about romanescu cauliflower which is at least green? :-)

Not available in my local Tesco, but thanks.

Given you're cross-posting to uk.rec.gardening, drop me an email with your
address and I'll send you some seeds!

Also, at certain times of year (probably late summer), Tesco /do/ stock
romanesco cauliflower, I've seen them. I highly recommend them.

I don't know what it is about cauliflower that I don't like. Likewise,
I am not sure why I like broccoli quite so much.

There may be no logic to it, other than that I had an awful lot of
cauliflower as a child both at home and at school, and I may
prematurely have exceeded my "life total". ;-)

I love both, but having eaten both in my works canteen, I can see how people
can learn to hate them. :-(