Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Lily beetle

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 22:49:52 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Mike Lyle" wrote
I haven't lived here long, so I don't know if this warning is necessary,
but I found a lily beetle on my snakeshead fritillaries in the West Mids
today. It's the first one I've ever seen anywhere. The blighter fell off
when I tried to pick it up, and I couldn't find it; but I squashed quite a
few eggs.

They do that Mike. You will soon get the technique of picking them off with
one hand and with your other hand underneath to stop them dropping to the
ground.

The buggers can fly too!

--