Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default bay tree thoughts

In article , Jill Bell
writes

Sounds like you've got your own personal Helligan to play with:-)

Having cleared one medium sized rockery with a pick axe and lots of
wheelbarrow loads of ivy etc. and then planted rockery stuff there is a
multitude of Ceratostigma sprouting all over the place!! No idea it was
there except the owner said she thought she had seen one or two lovely
blue flowers about 3 years ago amongst the ivy!.
presumably the Ceratostigma has rooted throughout the 'hump' and with a
bit of luck i can get about 40 - 50 plants out of it
Just shows you the perversity of plants, my C. gave up on me twice in my
flower beds and here it's survived ivy and pick axing etc.!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph