Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jill Bell[_2_] Jill Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Whisky Barrel Pond - Mozzie larvae.

On 05/06/2010 10:37, Alan wrote:
In message , Jill Bell
wrote
However, although the fish weren't happy, the mozzie larvae obviously
are - there are thousands of them, and I can see that when they fledge
into grown-up mozzies I'm going to have a house full of the little
blighters.
Any suggestions how I can get rid of them safely - both dog and cat
are partial to a drink from the barrel?

Jill

Something to break the surface tension of the water so the larvae cannot
breath. Perhaps a _couple_ of drops of washing up liquid or a _minute_
amount of WD40.

Thanks Alan - I've gone for the washing up liquid as the lesser of the
two evils - the dog's been blowing bubbles; will update you on the
mozzie larvae in a day or two.