Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
geoff geoff is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On 05/06/10 23:34, Bruce wrote:
On 5 Jun 2010 20:38:44 wrote:
In uk.rec.gardening wrote:
I must admit I had a girlfriend who made wonderful cauliflower cheese.
She used lots of strong cheese and also had the most beautiful eyes,
Ok, for a moment then I thought we were getting the most odd (and not
vegetarian) cauliflower cheese recipe ever!

I'm sorry to disappoint you.
(I have said that to *so many* women!)

I think I can honestly say that I'm more relieved than disappointed!

I did eat sheep's eyes once, in Jordan. They are supposed to be a
delicacy, but I was very sick afterwards.

I wouldn't have waited...

A also tried sheep's brain, first boiled and then deep fried. The
boiled was hideous, but deep fried wasn't bad at all.

If in doubt, fry it - or BBQ it to charcoal. Seems to sort most
objectionable things out...

All this was thanks to a Jordanian friend who took me to a restaurant
in Amman that serves traditional Arab cuisine. Never again! ;-)

Not that adventurous ie would never eat without a reliable guide in
southern china - though I might manage snake which they eat. But flour
rolled fly maggots is just off, even if they are deep fried - which is
an actual dish, claims the northern chinese person (so might be a myth).

ISTR you could get fried cockroaches at the Sunday market in bangkok -
not exactly my idea of gourmet food either

--
geoff