Old 06-06-2010, 11:06 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

In article , scribeth
thus
On 6 Jun,
geoff wrote:

ISTR you could get fried cockroaches at the Sunday market in bangkok -
not exactly my idea of gourmet food either

In my home town, one of my local pubs used to do snails on a Friday evening,
a tradition dating from when French glassmakers were originally made at home
in the village.

Had them by mistake one evening at a French wedding reception .. had
those and then asked for more, then found out what they were;!..

Tasted rather like mushrooms and really very nice too. Dunno if thats
the way they were done or what ..

--
Tony Sayer