Old 06-06-2010, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:06:21 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , scribeth
thus
On 6 Jun,
geoff wrote:

ISTR you could get fried cockroaches at the Sunday market in bangkok -
not exactly my idea of gourmet food either

In my home town, one of my local pubs used to do snails on a Friday evening,
a tradition dating from when French glassmakers were originally made at home
in the village.

Had them by mistake one evening at a French wedding reception .. had
those and then asked for more, then found out what they were;!..

Tasted rather like mushrooms and really very nice too. Dunno if thats
the way they were done or what ..

They're definitely just about edible if well soused in garlic ( so
that all you can taste is garlic, of course)

My Mam used to collect garden snails in Bristol during the last great
unpleasantness and cook them up.. She did not have to share the meal
with anybody, as I can recall.

--