Old 06-06-2010, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Weed free garden anyone?

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:27:25 GMT, PtePike wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

I have a hand tool like a long screwdriver with a vee shaped prong
on the end; slide it down under the rosette of leaves and slice through
the taproot deep down well below soil level.
Pick up corpse and dispose. Takes longer to type than it does to do.
Don;t leave any dead flowers lying about (or compost the flowers)
because they can turn to seedheads even in death.

Janet.

I have one of those tools but was told that no matter how deep we pull them
they will grow again.

If you have had success I am going to go with it.

And I like your idea....target one weed one year.

Still have to weed though but a concerted effort on one bugger sounds good
and I am going to give it a go, nothing else seems to work.

Regards
PtePike

I use a normal food knife to cut the root. I'd like a tool that was
easier to hold though
--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk