Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default While rooting through the shed:-

David WE Roberts wrote:

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
As one does every 20 years or so, I can across a HUGE bag of something
called 'Phosphoric Acid' which I obviously bought for some use, but
what was it used for?

When I first saw the bag the words 'growmore' came to mind, but
bearing in mind the reliability of my memory it could be anything!

So, what sould I be using it for?

IIRC phosphoric acid can be used to etch glass - although a customised
grenhouse seems a little OTT :-)

However this would be a liquid, not a solid.

Etch glass? I don't think so - you're probably thinking of hydrofluoric
acid.

That stuff is seriously *BAD NEWS*.

--
Rusty