Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default bare/burnt ground

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 05/06/2010 07:21, Kate Morgan wrote:
one of my family have had a bonfire in the paddock - I am not saying who
but they know who they are, grrrr - and it has left a biggish patch of
bare/burnt ground, what is the best way to deal with it please

Spread the ash around somewhere else where it will do more good (too much
in one place will make the soil rather too alkaline). Loosen the surface
and let it reseed naturally - grass is in flower now.

Or you could keep using the same spot for bonfires!

Regards,
Martin Brown

That might be a good idea, the horses love to stand in the thick smoke,
keeps the bugs away :-)