Old 06-06-2010, 09:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & liveon

geoff wrote:
In message , geoff writes
In message , Huge
writes
On 2010-06-05, geoff wrote:

ISTR you could get fried cockroaches at the Sunday market in bangkok -
not exactly my idea of gourmet food either

And yet I expect you eat prawns ...

Well, yes

but I don't SEE them crawling out of drains and I usually eat them
with the crunchy bits removed

AND ...

I've never had a prawn fall from a rafter into my open mouth while I was
sleeping

Then you haven't lived in Africa.

WE called em prawns, but they were in fact very large grasshoppers.

Taste the same allegedly.