Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

My gardening year includes three big events: about now I spend a day pulling up basketfuls of violets which have finished flowering; in a couple of weeks I repeat the process with forget-me-not; and finally I repeat the process with wild strawberries.

Despite this, I still have enough seeds/plants to have a rich display of violets in the spring, followed by the forget-me-nots,, followed by enough strawberries for the summer and to put several boxes in the deepfreeze. So I'm very happy with the situation.

I also have aquilegia in multiple combinations of colour ((white,pinks and purples, with or without green markings) and flower form (single, double, ''clematis form"), foxgloves, yellow poppies, and pink and white musk mallow, all of which I treat on the basis of let them grow where they will, and just pull them up if I want to grow something else there. And I'm going to have to add primroses to that list - they are taking over, and I'm running out of places to transplant them to.