Old 07-06-2010, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default New Potatoes

On 07/06/2010 11:52, David in Normandy wrote:
On 07/06/2010 12:30, Donwill wrote:
Picked our first new potatoes yesterday for Sunday lunch, one plant,
just enough for two. The variety was new to me, SWMBO decided to try a
variety called Rocket.
Certainly very early, but flavour was insipid, I don't think we'll be
trying them again.
Regards
Don, Oswestry

I dug up a couple of roots of new potatoes the other day, variety
"Daisy". They were very tasty. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be
earlies though, but they were certainly big enough to treat as such.

The row of Arran Pilots are not far behind, I'm looking forward to them
as the flavour in the past has been superb. Probably have to wait for
another two weeks or so.
Don