Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Gypsum for clay soil

On 07/06/10 13:12, Jim K wrote:
On Jun 7, 12:49 pm, Tim wrote:
On 07/06/10 12:12, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In ,
Tim writes:

Even better, if you can find a source of lumpy out of date plaster for
free (try asking around).

Yes - where about in the country are you?

See sig. Ironically, in a village whose major industry is
plasterboard ;-)

Chris

I've got one of the gypsum mines and processing facilities round the
corner from me too. Ironically the dump bang over the road is unable to
accept plasterboard for recycling(!)

could that be addressed by the fabled "joined up thinking" we are all
looking forward to?

(IOW can you recycle old pb into new pb?)

Jim K

I must admit - I don't know if British Gypsum do recycling at the
Mountfield/Robertsbridge plant. Though if they can take crap out the
ground and turn it into plaster (they do all that here) I would have
thought they would have added a preprocessing feed for doing whatever
you need to old PB and sticking the result of it in with the raw
materials from the mine.

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.