Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Deer eating water celery

This is a first! The deer have decided they like water celery. That
could be a problem! They also sampled the hyacinth, apparently
without liking it. One even tried stepping on out floating
fountain...flipped it over and tore up some lily pads.

I have electric fence around the berry patches and gardens. Each
season we have to educate the yearlings with peanut butter on tin foil
wrapped around the wires. I may need to do that with the berm ponds
if this keeps up. They can walk up the back of the berm and nibble.
A bit of electricity would probably educate them about the berm.

Jim