Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM posted to austin.food,austin.gardening,rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline

Default Wild Onions - Maybe Ramps - Solved

On Jun 6, 9:58*pm, Sqwertz wrote:

They are indeed wild green onions, at least at Metric and Cedar
Bend (just south of there). *They are growing out of the sides of
the creek, just above the limestone creekbed. *A little anemic,
but perfectly edible (this was right next to the apartment complex
that was on TV all day for getting hit by lightning last week).

How do they get there? *This a feeder creek to Walnut Creek. *But
these seem to be common to all creeks in north Austin.

Kinda makes me wonder how far my wild garlic has spread since I
live right next to vary large creek/waterway...

-sw

Hey, helping to bring back 'edible landscape' is a good thing!!