Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default petrol lawn mower wont start help!

vin wrote:
hi, im a newbie to this forum so please bare with me if i've put this in
the wrong section SORRY!

okay well, my petrol lawn mower wont start.

-i drained out all the petrol and put some new petrol in and nothing
happened.

-the petrol goes past the fuel filter and to the next fuel line but
doesnt go past the carb?

-i took the fuel lines off the one that goes into the carb n pull
started it a few times n put the fuel line back on. once i done that the
engine sounded better like it wanted to start. but still nothing

-the spark plug is totally dry no petrol on it at all!

-last time it was started, roughly 2 weeks ago

can anyone help me please!?

Disassemble and clean the carb then reassemble. If that sounds like more
than you can do, take it to a repair shop.

--
Art