Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Gypsum for clay soil

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote

I must admit - I don't know if British Gypsum do recycling at the
Mountfield/Robertsbridge plant. Though if they can take crap out the
ground and turn it into plaster (they do all that here) I would have
thought they would have added a preprocessing feed for doing
whatever you need to old PB and sticking the result of it in with
the raw materials from the mine.

British Gypsum make cat litter too, Nature Cat Gold, so that is
probably also gypsum and it's in granules too. Should be available at
any good pet place or could be ordered, but check the price first.
Worth ringing BG first to find out if it is pure gypsum.

No, that's made from bentonite clay, which is the most absorbent, clumpy
dirt the Earth can offer.

Ian