Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 AM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

"Ann" wrote in message

Since we are discussing water, how did your summer go water-wise?

OK - not brilliant but enough although it was a bit touch and go at times.
Not a lot of pasture growth but we didn't have to buy in feed and there was
enough water for the cattle to drink on both farms. We were getting a bit
worried about having to sell all the cattle on our other farm as we were
getting low on water there and the creek dried up. Luckily the dams stayed
full enough till we got decent rain.

Luckily for us and all the other farmers round here there was good Autumn
rain over much of the country and especially out west where they'll have
feed for the next 18 months on the strength of the Autumn rains. The annual
Autumn calf sales resulted in a bumper sale all round. It's been years
since we've had such good prices.