Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default New Potatoes

Pam Moore wrote:
Oh dear, Don. I cringe when I hear Rocket mentioned. I grew them
once and never again. In my experience, prone to slugs and quite
tasteless.

How odd. Early in the season I planted 3 or 4 crops (actually, when I say
'I', I think it was Nick and the kids!) in old grobags in the coldframe, and
although they all germinated fine, each row got munched through almost as
soon as it was showing, except for the rocket. Which is still growing now,
and I think it's just gone to seed (but the kids and chickens still like it)