Old 08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScullster View Post
Hi all

This I did, but when I went up the ladder recently to fit it I noticed that
there was a nest in the box, but no feathered inhabitants.
I started to remove the lid and noticed that a loud buzzing noise started
issuing from the box!!!
Needless to say I descended the ladder rather smartly and left well alone.

So what has taken over the bird box?
By coincidence, I've just come in from the garden having noticed that our bird box has been taken over by bumblebees - half a dozen of them buzzing around the entrance or coming in or going out.