Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

Janet Baraclough wrote:
On the plus side, they will probably all turn into soap-opera-watching
sofa-dwelling lard buckets within another generation or two ...

The supply of fast food sustains a density of urban fox populations
which makes urban foxes far more susceptible to disease/ infection
(just like sofa-dwelling lardbuckets).

*nod*
The London-based foxes I've seen have all been a bit on the skanky side.
Except those around Blackheath, I seem to remember.

I walked past one sitting on a wall once. And I mean literally, I was
walking on the pavement, he was sitting on the (~waist height) wall on the
inner edge of the pavement. He just watched me, just moving his head as I
went past, then the same as I went back again in the opposite direction.

It was odd, but this was one huge and incredibly healthy-looking beastie!