Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default NEWBIE QUESTION about planting

"JUNE WILLIAMS" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Amazon Sword that already reaching the top of
the tank. I've ordered 2 Red Wendtii Cryptos, 1 Marble Queen Sword, 2 Crypy
Beckttii, and 2 Qriental Swords. How far apart should i put the new plants
when the arrive? I want my tanks to look full along the back and sides, but
don't know how far apart they should be when i put them in. Thanks for any
advice.

Matt

Hi Matt,

That is a good question and I will look forward to reading other people's
opinions.

If you want your tank to look full along the back and sides plant the sword
plans close to each other. Swords are slow growers and I think I would not plant
them extra 2 or 3 inches apart in anticipation of future growth.

I recently put some swords into my 360L (90g) aquarium and I put them a little
to far apart. I will be replanting them in a few days. Or I could just wait
months or years for it to start looking dense ;-)

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com