Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Planting out Leeks

"Pete" wrote ...
I normally grow leeks from seeds sown myself in a tray; then when ready to
plant out, we separate each plant and plant out without any soil attached.

This year, the seeds failed to germinate and I bought a number of leek
plants (plugs). Should I plant these out as plugs or remove all the soil
first?

I know someone who grows his leeks in plug trays and he plants them with the
soil, why would you want to remove it and possibly damage the roots when you
don't need to.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden