Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
GregSki

Default Moving plants

(BruceKGeist) wrote in message ...
What ingredients are in the Dupla fertilizer?

My guess is that it has very similar ingredients to Laterite (so iron
and traces). It's red-brown and makes a mess when you pull a plant out
of the substrate.

May I ask, where did you get your dupla cables? Do they work well for you?
Are they controlled with some sort of thermostat?

I got them from my LFS here in Melbourne. I haven't had any problems
with them. All you do is lay them on the bottom, cover with gravel and
forget about them. All they have is a transformer which reduces the
voltage to 12V I think. They are about 20 Watts.

I cannot tell whether they positively contribute to the plant growth.
The only way to tell would be to have half the tank with cables and
half without.

Thanks!

Greg.