Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default The Bird Box Saga

In article , Donnie
writes
Almost certainly it'll be tree bees
http://www.bumblebeeconservation.org.uk/tree_bee.htm

That's what moved into our small nest box this year which is less than
6 foot from our patio windows and they havent bothered us at all, just
left them alone.

Mind you the neighbour wasnt too happy as "every time their kid banged
the fence they got aggressive"

I know someone who has also got the tree bees in a bird box at the end
of their patio and they've now been stung several times as they can't
get out of their patio doors (the only back access ) without passing the
box within about four feet. Apparently they (the bees) will go away by
July.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph