Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Garden Pest

On 2010-06-09 14:12:20 +0100, feenix1363
said:

kay;890430 Wrote:
That's because it's not a forum; like me, you are coming into a
newsgroup through a back door. If you were using newsgroup-reading
software, you'd find the layout of threads a lot easier, and you would
see that it's perfectly OK just to start a new thread and say 'hello'.
Or not - it's entirely optional, and you will be equally welcome without
a 'hello'.

I think you're right about scale insect. I'm amazed - I always
considered bramble to be totally robust and pest free. I usually remove
scale insect by hand on plants where it's proving a nuisance, but i
wouldn't advise that in this case!

Thanks Kay for the advise.

I'm more than a little familiar with Usenet I just saw the Vbulletin and
didn't look any deeper. Mind you the forum software makes it easier and
quicker to log-in whilst I'm at work.

Thanks also for the confirmation of the Scale Insect. Time to get a 'Bug
gun' on the way home from work I think

Bug guns are for the rich and/or foolish. Get a pressure sprayer and
mix your own.