Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default OT Looking for pullets

On 2010-06-08 18:37:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"

On 2010-06-07 18:07:24 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

From previous hen keeping experience (RIRs) as far as I can see just
about
anything puts them off laying if they take a hissy fit! ;-) I think
the
New Hampshires got a good rating for being 'friendly' and good egg
producers on some site or other the grand daughter found. I'd like to
add
a couple of Marans but she doesn't seem too keen for some reason! Now
all
I have to do is find a coop and run that doesn't cost the same as a
house
in the 1930s! I'm haunting ebay.

Don't bother to do that, Buy a 6x4 shed, put perches in and home made
nestboxes and build a run on and a pophole. Even I managed that, but if
you
can't, find a man who will. It will probably not cost you as much as
anything on ebay and they will have a lot more room.

Tina

Er, right. I'll ask 'the men' and think I can imagine the answer, given
all the other work going on round here! But thank you and yes, I'll
suggest it. The grand daughter's ideas might be a touch more grandiose,
however. I've explained to her I'm not an MP..... ;-))
--

If the men you have don't have time, buy one in to do it. It will still be
cheaper and better than anything on e-bay.