Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_9_] Sue[_9_] is offline

Default Garden Shredder recommendations?

"David in Normandy" wrote
Avoid Black & Decker. I had one and it was crap. I threw it away in
the end. I spent more time unjamming it than using it.

Too true. Whatever you get don't buy one with blades - they shriek like
demented banshees, blunt within minutes and block continuously. We hired
one once and what a waste of money and an afternoon that was.

In the end we bought an Al-ko 'Silent Power' model after friends waxed
lyrical on the merits of theirs, and it's now given us several years of
sterling service. It's robustly made and certainly has good chopping and
crunching power.

The Bosch quiet shredders always get good reviews on here.

Yes, I hear good things about those too.

--
Sue