Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 AM
gjclayton gjclayton is offline
Registered User

Thanks for all of your responses.

As for the outdoor plants: Swiss Chard, Beans etc... They have been eaten by something which isn't leaving any signs except for the holes. There are no trails, or sightings of any beasties except for the holes. As I mentioned there are a lot of woodlouse wandering around, the odd earwig, apart from that I can't see anything. Its not a major issue as I think that they are growing fine regardless.
Do you think that this will impede the growth?

As for the chillis. They are being overnighted inside, near the plants that have had greenfly/aphids in the past (although I "think" I got rid of them). Then I put them outside and they got eaten right at the top of the stem. As if the leaves were the only thing that went. They are tiny (about 1cm high) and some are fine. There was a slight ball of ooze on the top of the stem after it had its leaves dispatched, this may have been the plants own liquids gushing out!

Anyway, they were placed in their pot on a low wall and got eaten within the hr!

Thanks again for your responses.