Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 AM posted to austin.food,austin.gardening,rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Wild Onions - Maybe Ramps - Solved

Sqwertz wrote:

I was just researching types of rosemary and there other doesn't
appear to be much (if any) culinary differences. Most of the
sites I saw were botanical rather than culinary, though.

Is there really any difference?

Not that I have ever noticed. I think the culinary varieties
tend to be smaller-leaved and are not as likely to become woody.
The rosemary-oil flavor seems to be very similar if not identical.

I tend to add and then later remove rosemary branches from things
I am cooking, rather than grinding it up and leaving it in.
You might want more tender rosemary if you're doing the latter.

My most usual use of it is baked ziti.

Steve