Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
*Mechanic* *Mechanic* is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger12 View Post
Hi All

I have the above ride on mower. My starter has jammed -yeouch...

I read that some briggs and stratton starter motors are compatible and are certainly more readily available.

Does any one know which B&S motor would fit mine or can I get mine reconditioned somewhere?

I am in Fife in Scotland.

Cheers
Hi there,

I'm not aware of any Briggs starter motors that are compatible with Honda engines to be honest but I could be wrong. You'll probably have just as much of a problem finding a Briggs starter motor as you will a Honda anyway so I would advise you to take the starter motor off and take it along to a Honda Power Equipment Dealer. All of the internal parts are available for Honda starter motors and can be reconditioned / repaired.

Hope this helps

Lawnmower World - The home of Quality garden machinery