Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default apple tree disease?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 Janet Tweedy wrote:

I saw an apple tree today where all the ends of the branches were dead,
the leaves had withered etc. There were a couple of branches that had
healthy shoots on them but the rest of the tree was covered by the se
dead ends.
What could it be? The tree is setting fruit though admittedly it's a
very old and somewhat ignored tree up till now.

Some of my apple trees are a bit like that this year. Not nearly as bad
as the one you're describing but a few branches here and there.

David

http://rance.org.uk