Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Dave Millman

Default NEWBIE QUESTION about planting

Marvin Hlavac wrote:

Hi Dave and Michi,

What would you then suggest to Matt, the original poster. How far apart should
he put the new plants when they arrive? He wants his tanks to look full along
the back and sides, but doesn't know how far apart he should plant them.

What I'm doing now in my tank is I'm planting my swords close to each other
along the back wall of my 360L (90g) so it looks *full*. A few weeks (months)
later I may need to move them around a bit.

Again, each species is a bit different size. Go to www.tropica.com, click on the
various Echinodorus species, and check out the sizes shown. For example, Echinodorus
cordifolius 'Tropica Marble Queen' is listed as 15-25 cm wide. This means that two
plants about 20 cm (8 inches) apart will lightly touch, and two plants about 10 cm
(4 inches) apart will have massively intertwined leaves.