Old 13-06-2010, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Shredder recommendations?

In article ,
David Rance wrote:

If anyone would like to send me brief appreciations of their own
shredders I would be happy to add them to the FAQ.

More appropriately:

Everyone who owns one (and there are good many regulars who do)
swears by the Bosch AXT 2200 Quiet shredder. It is quiet and
reliable and can handled pretty well all the woody and semi-woody
material a normal gardener needs to shred. Do not get confused,
because there is also a Bosch AXT 2200 Rapid shredder, which uses
a different, noisier and less reliable mechanism. The quiet one
uses a drum/cog cutter, and not revolving blades. It has recently
been replaced by the AXT 22 D, which has no reports yet. Like
most shredders, it will not handle leaves or lots of fleshy foliage.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.