Old 13-06-2010, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote...
I have a bit of room left on the allotment and some
potatoes that are sprouting.
What is the latest to plant them and get some success?
Would I be wasting my time planting them now ?

I have also found some onions that are started to send
out shoots, same question applies for those.

You need 14 weeks growing for main crop potatoes and that takes us to
about the 19th September. Probably won't get a frost by then so should be
fine.
If you mean fully grown onions that are sprouting then if you plant them
you will get flowers and eventually seeds. If it's sets that are sprouting
I wouldn't think there was enough time left for them to grow into proper
onions but worth a go anyway.

Thank you all who replied, looks like I'm going to get some late potatoes
and some pretty onion flowers.

Wally