Old 13-06-2010, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Connecting Waterbutt Tap - How ?

"DS" wrote in message
I want to replace a waterbutt tap on a Sankey standard butt which is about
3ft tall. How can I reach inside the butt to connect the nut ?

In past years I have laid on the grass with the WB horizontal and got in
it that way. Although clean it still stank, and as I am also
claustrophobic I don't want to do this again. Once I surprised myself by
stretching my arm from above down into the WB to apply the nut, but it was
very difficult to do.

Is their some magic gadget to attach to the plastic nut so it can be
connected up with less effort ?

This must be a problem for many people.

DS

I fitted a new one a couple of weeks ago, (read I as we)
I got a neighbour to help, he reached inside with the nut and
I worked the outside bit.
I tried holding the nut with a tool but the problem was holding
it level and not getting it x threaded.

Wally