Old 13-06-2010, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default monocots IDs

Among the 100 or more types of plant noted along a walk along the local
canal.

And a blue-flowered iris

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Iris133.jpg
http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Iris134.jpg

Possibly Iris foetidissima, but I'm not sure that it's this and not Iris
spuria or Iris versicolor. (The books all refer to the fruits for
identification, which isn't helpful at this time of year.) I found then
same species elsewhere last year, but it disappeared before I could check
the fruits.

Any views

I would have thought it could be Iris versicolor. Possibly Iris siberica
"Perry's Blue".

--

Jeff