Old 14-06-2010, 12:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Fertilizer question

anthony123hopki said:

I have 3 Raised beds. 1 with beetroots and carrots, 1 with lettuce and
other salad leaves (mizuna, corn salad, rocket, oriental mustards) and 1
with corn and french beans.

I poured in loads of topsoil (40%) compost (60%) mix back in February.
My garden is now going great guns. However, I am not sure if I need to
add any fertilizer to any of it at any point, and if so…what?

The corn might be happier if given a side dressing of fertilizer (balanced,
or possibly heaviest on the N), just before the tassels appear, or certainly
before they shoot up. My personal preference is for organic fertilizers.

I normally don't add fertilizer to anything other than corn during the
growing season.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored