Old 14-06-2010, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike[_3_] PtePike[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes

"Wally" wrote in news:hv2d2m$uk7$1
@news.albasani.net:

I have a bit of room left on the allotment and some
potatoes that are sprouting.
What is the latest to plant them and get some success?
Would I be wasting my time planting them now ?

I have also found some onions that are started to send
out shoots, same question applies for those.

Wally

A couple of years ago a friend had to dig up his potato crop as he had dug
in some infected manure from a stable using a herbicide which stayed in the
soil and killed or damaged crops in contact with it, we have all heard this
story.
He planted a different area in late June with potatoes, a main crop, and
had a lovelly harvest I think late October, and left some until December.
If you have some to sow I would do it, as my friend had a big problem then
of finding seed potatoes at that time of year.

Hope this helps
PtePike