Old 14-06-2010, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike[_3_] PtePike[_3_] is offline

Default First Harvest!

wrote in
:

PtePike wrote:
I think after your comments that I have grown something I dont like
too much either!

Heh. They're a bit of an aquired taste. Certainly not big and juicy
strawberries. But they do have a much longer growing season! (start
earlier and keep going much later - although last year was a bit odd
with our real strawberries growing into late November, iirc!)

I took the plunge and planted a grape.....guess where!

:-) You may be lucky, and you can get things to treat vine weavil that
:you
just water on, if you're that way inclined. I got sent to pick them
out by hand, cos it was "my fault" for putting the strawberries in.
:-( Not a pleasant job.

In future dont get caught hehe.