Old 14-06-2010, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Broken heart

"Ian B" wrote ...

My sympathies to the PtePike, this must be very upsetting indeed. But this
is what you get from communist central planning. Once somebody is
"alotting" you anything, it's not yours, it's somebody else's. You just
have permission to use it, and it can be taken away at any time as we see
here.

If the State didn't "give away" "free" allotments, there would no doubt be
some market for similar small plots of cultivable land from private
rentiers, or for purchase. Then people would have a proper rental
agreement, and stuff like this couldn't happen. But "free" (that is, paid
for by other people) always drives out good, sadly.

Free, FREE! What are you talking about? We pay £9.50 a sq Rod p.a here,
that's £95.00 p.a for a normal allotment.
Because money changes hand we do have "proper" rental agreements and the
original poster needs to look at theirs and see how the Council are supposed
to deal with uncultivated/untidy plots, normally they have to give a warning
first and then a re-inspection at a later date. No warning appears to have
been given in this case so the poster has a very good case for causing
trouble for an idiot of a jobsworth employed by the Council and getting some
form of compensation.
If it's not in the rental agreement then either ask the allotment rep on
your site or phone the Council and ask what the "laid down" procedure is.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden