Old 15-06-2010, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike[_3_] PtePike[_3_] is offline

Default Broken heart

wrote in
:

PtePike wrote:
My brand new allotment has been double alloted.

You may find this useful if you haven't looked at it already

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatut...kpga_19220051_
en_1#l1g1

Well we have come to a compromise this morning.
Not ideal but things dont always turn out gold.
When I was offered the allotment in Feb, acouple of days later I recieved
in the post a warning that my plot was not cultivated etc:
I rang the council and was told to ignore the letter as the inspector on
his visit did nt know I was a new tennant.So I ignored it as advised.
At the same time a school had also taken tennancy of the same plot as a
clerical error...bizarre!
We have had a meeting at the plot with the manager of alloting allotments
with his office assistant and she was so upset and apologetic with what has
happened.
The long and the short of it is that I have a new plot and the school keeps
my old one.
Today or tomorrow morning I am told that a gang of council gardeners will
plant me up (god knows what with) and a load or 2 of manure for next
season.
I have to say the only reason I backed off is because of the office lass
who made the mistake an not the official from the school who is brash and
bad mannered.
If that school "teacher" had been around in February and March to see how
much my family and friends put into that plot I think he should be ashamed.

End of..it's done now and a move on for us.

Regards
PtePike