Old 15-06-2010, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Should I pinch off flowers and fruits when planting?

I bought a bunch of tomato and pepper plants yesterday, and some of them
have flowers and/or fruit on them already. I asked the people at the stores
if I should pinch them off when planting in order to put more energy toward
root-building, and three different people said I didn't have to. I'd LOVE
for this to be true, but I could swear I heard somewhere that you are
supposed to pinch off the flowers and fruit when you plant. Can anyone
enlighten me once and for all?
--S.