Old 16-06-2010, 05:55 PM
naomi naomi is offline
Registered User

In a way, bigboy seems to have a point. If people are stupid enough to expect to get top quality Grade A furniture for those kind of prices without doing their research then they do carry some of the responsibility. I have had a quick look at their site and nowhere can I see them claiming their teak to be grade A although saying that they do not state its grade C either.

There are other companies there who just lie on their sites. One is Humber teak who claims to sell grade A teak where in fact they sell grade c or b which has been treated with chemicals. at least Wessex teak has no chemicals on it to hide the grade c.

not saying I would buy from Wessex or prestige teak but just saying that if you expect to get top quality for peanuts, its partly your fault for not checking further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy9i View Post
No-one says you cant complain...

I don't sell garden furniture, just deliver it...

Don't know anything about your particular transaction, but I personally have had grade c furniture in the garden for the past three years without problems, apart from the dog chewing it as a pup, it still does what it was intended to do.

had the screw task been given to me, you'd have had your screws in a couple of days.

I'm not exactly what you'd call rude, here or anywhere else.

...and putting me out of a job will achieve what exactly?

What exactly is so 'horrible' about your furniture?

As a rule grade c furniture is usually given stick from those people who either expected house of fraser quality at oxfam prices, or know little about teak in the first place.

Grade c furniture has a lot of potential if you know what you are doing, if not then maybe people should be buying grade a...

But there are no guarantees that grade a teak would satisfy you, maybe finish wise, but the cost would have you reaching for the heart attack pills...

Frankly as a driver I am surprised by the number of people who will spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on garden furniture, while their garden gate or fence is rotting away...

obviously I don't say 'ere john, your fence is rotten, wouldn't a few new fencing panels be a more useful buy, currently?'

It just seems very odd.

Ray.