Old 16-06-2010, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Should I pinch off flowers and fruits when planting?

In article , ask@itshall
says...

:-)) Well Peter Cundall always says to treat tomatoes badly so they think
they are going to die and thus flower early. I assume his reasoning for
that is to get crops from them. Whatever Pete says is good enough for me as
his advice has always been woth following so I'd never think of deflowering
at planting.

LOL

But isn't deflowering considered one of the rites of spring ...along
with the maypole, Beltane blazes ...and ...and (whispering) Morris
dancing.