Old 16-06-2010, 10:23 PM posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.bio.botany,alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default The Grass Is Greener When You Don't Mow.

On 06/16/10 05:16 pm, harry wrote:

The mania about cutting grass has reached insanity. Many
municipalities in the US have laws forcing people to mow their lawns,
and people actually go to jail for not cutting their grass.

This seems interesting because illegal in most countries with Anglo-
Saxon-type laws. � (Habeas Corpus forbids detention without
charge, and disobeying a bylaw is an offence but not a crime.)

In Canada, where bylaws require that grass be mowed,
non-compliant lawns are mowed by the municipality (after
warning notice) and the property owner billed for this service.
(Payment is enforced by the same mechanisms that require
payment of property taxes.)

Strewth, you really live in a police state don't you!

It's the same in the Midwest US city next door to me. I have no idea
what our Township regs. have to say about mowing lawns.

Perce